The International SPA Association (ISPA) announced the 2014 ISPA board of directors and officers. Each person was elected by the ISPA membership following an extensive nomination and interview process. ISPA is recognized worldwide as the leading professional organization and voice of the spa industry.
“ISPA thrives on the commitment and dedication of volunteer leaders, as their work promotes the association and the spa industry,” said ISPA President Lynne McNees. “Having new energy and passion join the team is always a great opportunity for a fresh perspective.”
In addition to the new members, the 2014 ISPA board will be led by elected chairman Michael Tompkins, chief executive officer of Miraval Resort and Spa in Tucson, Ariz.
“I am honored to serve as ISPA Chairman representing our association, members, and dedicated board. It’s a pleasure to work with an association consistently seen as the leader in the spa industry,” said Tompkins.
The new board consists of:
- Michael Tompkins, chairman, chief executive officer of Miraval Resort and Spa
- Todd Walter, secretary/treasurer, chief executive officer of Red Door Spas
- Immediate past chairman, Ella Stimpson, executive director of spa operations for Wynn and Encore Las Vegas will serve as interim vice chairman.
- Frank Pitsikalis, founder and chief executive officer of ResortSuite
Newly Elected ISPA Board Members
- Noel Asmar, president and chief executive officer of Noel Asmar Uniforms, Inc.
- Ben Campsey, director of finance for Umstead Hotel & Spa
- Blake Feeney, director of spa and salon operations for Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa
- Julie Oliff, spa director for Remede Spa at the St. Regis Aspen Resort
- Todd Shaw, director of fitness, tennis and spa for Las Campanas Spa & Tennis Center
Also returning to the board is Todd Hewitt, senior spa director for Four Seasons Toronto and Jeff Kohl, founder of Spa & Club Ideations, serving on the board as chairman of the International SPA Association Foundation.